WordPress is one of the best Content management systems and the reason is obvious. It is simple to use and everything is so well-crafted for it. Even if you don’t go for themes, you can get the same features with the page builders for WordPress.
Page builders eliminate the use of basic editing and customization options of WordPress. Page builders help you create the WordPress web pages without a single line of code. Page Builders have an added advantage over the themes that it is not just limited to the customizations. Themes may not work where the elegant looking features of Page Builders do.
And, the best part is that they come in the form of plugin. Let’s read further about the WordPress page builders now.
What Is WordPress Page Builder?
A Worpress Page Builder is a plugin that is designed to keep your webpages structured and well-designed. It comes with drag and drop functionality with customizable widgets slides into the content area.
Unlike the themes with pre-built packages, WordPress page builder has customizable editing options and wider selection of widgets. Unlike the visual editor of WordPress where you need to work with bit HTML and a preview of your content, Page builder is fairly easy to use.
It has customizable widgets or the widgetized sidebar in the page. You can simply add the sidebar content by using the drag and drop. To make it more applicable, Page builder has a plethora of widgets and you can add as many widgets as you can and rearrange or reorder them.
Most of the Page builders are easy to use and more customizable than the WordPress themes usually.
Why Use a Drag and Drop Page Builder for WordPress?
Drag and Drop Builders would be more usable than the WordPress themes. If you are a non-coder, you would probably not want to use themes because it involves a bit of coding.
With the drag and drop builder, the case is different.
Moreover, the customization options are limited and you can’t find everything there. You would surely be looking for some tips on HTML or take help from your developer friend.
If you are even in an opinion of using the visual editor of WordPress, it lacks major functionalities that a Page builder may complete. Most of the Page builder users chose to stick to the page builder editor rather than switching to their visual basic editor.
The reason is simple; it doesn’t have any drag and drop capabilities for the widgets. Overall, Page Builders are one of the best choices when you are a newbie or if you want to save up your time.
What to Look for in a WordPress page builder plugin?
- Compatibility with Themes & Plugins:
One of the most important features of WordPress page builders is the compatibility with themes and plugins. If you are making changes to your themes and certainly want to switch to the Page builder now, you would want it to be compatible with the theme.
Moreover, it should be compatible with almost every plugin.
- Easy to Use
Page builders should be easy to use and set up. Most of the Page Builders are Drag and Drop which are fairly easy to use. Moreover, the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) lets you make changes to the pages without previewing it again.
- Fast Loading
As with the themes, Page Builders must be fast and light-weight. WordPress themes usually take up more space and have higher loading times. Page Builders are properly coded and faster to load.
- Mobile Responsiveness
We are moving into a mobile ready world. Thus, Page Builders must be mobile-ready and look great on mobile and tablets.
Page Builders come with great support but only few have mobile friendly designs. Further, it must have Accelerated Mobile pages and responsive designs.
- SEO Friendly
Just like the themes need to be SEO friendly and be able to show the structured data to rank higher, the Page builder must be responsive and structured. A well-structured and well-coded builder may help you to rank quicker. It will be more visible to the search engines.
- Pre-Built Templates and Widgets
A lot of page builders have pre-built templates and widgets that makes the task easier. Choose the page builder with categorised templates and easy to install widgets. Further, the widgets must be elegant and fascinating.
WordPress already has various widgets. With more page builders, it becomes even more usable.
- Stand-out features
Besides the drag and drop, your WordPress web page needs more features to make it elegant to the users. The page builder must have stand-out features to increase user engagement and catch more eyes.
These include a variety of templates, colors, designs, page elements and widgets, SEO-friendliness, etc.
- Support & Documentation
A page builder with stellar customer support can turn your woes into wisdom. If the support team is responsive and excellent to respond, you won’t feel the need to go somewhere else in need when fixing problems.
The page builders we have listed below come with great customer support and quick documentation.
Here is the list of the Best Page Builder For WordPress that you should try in 2021.
Best WordPress Page Builders In 2021
Powered by Thrive Themes, Thrive Architect is a powerful Page Builder for WordPress that works perfectly with Thrive Themes and Thrive Leads. It is one of the Page builders that we have used on all our websites. And, that’s why it is on #1 in our list.
It has both drag and drop builder as well as the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get).
Also called as the best Landing page builder, it creates conversion-focused pages only.
- Instant Drag & Drop Editing: With drag and drop capabilities, you can rearrange, reorder and sort the blocks in your content or to the sidebar content. With Thrive Architect, you can change your visual editor into easy to use drag and drop builder.
- Pre-Built Templates: Thrive Architect has around 269 pre-built & customizable templates for building the pages. These templates are fast-loaded and come with elegant designs. Thus, it saves up your time and efforts to start everything from scratch.
- Widgets: Besides the templates, the Thrive Architect page builder has 20 widgets. Not to forget the countdown timer widget that works with your eCommerce store.
- Integrations: Thrive Architect seamlessly integrates with your favorite email marketing tools and CRM tools.
Thrive Architect has two main pricing plans. It offers a single license and 5 license packs. With a single license pack of $67, you can get access to 1 site only. With a 5 site pack, you can get Thrive Architect for 5 sites.
Started in 2016, Elementor is a young Page builder. However, it took them only 4 years to race to 3,000,000 active installs on WordPress.org. The reason for that is its free to use page builder. Despite being free, this page builder is not limited to the features.
We have even used the Elementor free and Pro version on our site. The standout feature of Elementor is that it lets you preview the changes in the mobile view. You can edit and make changes without needing to switch back to the preview mode.
- Pre-Built templates: Elementor has 100 templates in the free version whereas 300 pre-built templates in the pro version. These templates can be imported with just a click and improved further. You will find any template with a broad category.
- Widgets: The library of widgets that Elementor offers is massive. It has around 50 widgets for creating pages of any type. Basic widgets like Menu, Google Map, and Heading are included in the free version. For the pro version, there are more widgets.
- Integration: Elementor offers far more number of integrations than the Thrive Architect. It integrates with email marketing tools, social media marketing tools, CRM and WordPress plugins.
- WooCommerce Builder: If you are focused on creating the WooCommerce store, you can use the Elementor builder which comes with all the eCommerce features.
Elementor has a free version that is a great option for small businesses. For the medium to large businesses, you can get the Elementor Pro which is fairly cheap.
- Personal costs $49/year for 1 site
- Plus costs $99 for 3 sites
- Expert costs $199 for 1,000 sites.
Launched in 2014, Beaver Builder is an easy to use WordPress Page Builder that is compatible with most of the themes and comes with a block editor. This is a front-end visual builder that is mostly focussed on developers and marketers.
Beaver Builder has currently 1 million users worldwide. It is expanding rapidly and the reason is its compatibility with any WordPress theme.
- Templates: Beaver Builder has 30 templates and that’s alright! More the number of templates, the more overwhelming it becomes.
- Helpful Widgets: With 25 widgets, Beaver Builder doesn’t overload with the number of widgets. Thus, it is a great option for small needs. Even though less, Beaver Builder has useful widgets in their arsenal.
- Mobile Responsive: You can customize and make changes to your pages with mobile responsive views. One of the intriguing features is the use of high speed and fast loading pages.
Beaver Builder has three premium licenses. It has a free version with simple editor and pro with advanced editor. All these licenses are available for the unlimited number of sites.
- Standard Plan ($99
- Pro Plan ($199)
- Agency Plan ($399)
4. Divi Builder
If you have known Page builders enough, you might have heard about this awesome page builder. Divi is powered by the Elegant themes which have a large customer base. It has over 3 million users. Divi does not only offer the page builder but also robust themes.
It has tons of customizable layouts and standout features for creating a web page. With Divi, you can edit and create content in the front end as well as the backend feature.
- Drag & Drop: Divi has around 40 blocks and content modules that you can drag and drop to the content. These modules can be added to the pricing, testimonials and other sections as well.
- Templates: It has 300+ templates centered around different categories such as Arts, Finance, Business, Foods and others.
- Split Testing: One feature that you won’t find in any page builder is its split testing. You can test any element of the page and compare the performance of the two versions.
- Lastly, it offers an audio module where you can embed any kind of audio to the page builder. It is also one of the few features that you won’t find in any page builder.
Divi Page builder is not free to use. You can still find it affordable considering the features it offers.
It has two plans:
- Yearly Access of $89
- Lifetime Access of $249
Above all, Divi also gives a guaranteed 30-day money back guarantee.
Wpbakery builder comes in the form of a plugin which was developed by Codecanyon. Formerly known as Visual Composer, WPBakery is known as one of the easiest to use page builders out there.
WPBakery’s USP is the amount of widgets that it offers and the quantity of layouts for adding content.
- Templates & Widgets: WPBakery has 60+ pre-defined templates and over 250 add-ons to use. You can import as many templates as you can in minutes to your content. Further, the widgets come with drag and drop functionality to any side of the page.
- API Integration: Add content to your WordPress with the WPBakery API based solution. If you are a developer, you would enjoy using their API integration.
- Like Elementor, WPBakery is designed to work with any theme and any plugin. The most compatible WordPress plugin is WooCommerce. That’s why most eCommerce users prefer this builder.
WPBakery offers two pricing options. It does not offer any free version.
- Regular plan costs $45 for use on a single site.
- The Extended plan costs $245 for use on SaaS application with Theme integrations.
Themify is a WordPress page builder that is offered by the plugin and theme marketplace Themify. It has over 1 million active installs due to the free version that it offers. You can get this theme with the Themify theme bundle or even as a single plugin.
- Backend & Frontend editor: Themify has a backend and frontend visual editor. You can style the front view of the pages as you want. Both the backend and frontend editor has tons of content modules to style.
- Widgets & Templates: Themify has various content modules and rows and columns to arrange them in the form of grid. It is most useful for designing the product pages.
- Animation Modules: It has tons of animation modules and designing options to add to your page which may help increase CTA and overall conversions.
Themify has a free version with page builder and theme included. You can also get the paid version which is pretty affordable.
The pricing module for Themify is pretty much the same as Divi Builder.
The Pro version of Themify costs $89 for 1 year. If you want a lifetime access to all the themes and builder add-ons, you can choose the lifetime plan of $249.
Visual Composer is well-known as the Free WordPress Website Builder. It can also be called as the WPBakery because Visual Composer has been modified with few features to form a WPBakery plugin. However, both these plugins are available to use.
It is a popular drag and drop editor combined with what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor.
- Templates & Widgets: Visual Composer offers 100+ customizable templates and 100+ widgets that you can import to your website and start building your page.
- Drag & Drop Editor: Visual Composer has one of the best drag and drop editor tools. It has rows and columns that can be resized and fixed according to the content requirements. Moreover, you can replace the static content with your dynamic content here.
- Editable Elements: Not to mention the amount of editing features it offers. You can add stylish backgrounds such as parallax, gradient, slideshow, carousel, and video. Visual composer has editable headers, footers, logos, menus and styles.
- Visual composer integrates with 50+ tools such as WPNinja, Gravity forms, Envira gallery, Twitter, etc.
Visual Composer has a forever free plan. With limited elements and templates, this plan is great for individuals.
The paid plans are:
- Single Website ($49/year)
- 3 websites ($99/year)
- Developers ($349/year)
Brizy is developed by ThemeFuse and has around 60,000 installs with Gutenberg block editor and easy to set up websites.
- Image Zoom and Sizing: Now, this is a massive change. Brizy saves your time by zooming the images without uploading them first. You can even adjust the size of these images later to adjust better.
- Unique Styles: You can make changes to the various elements of the website with just a single click. For example, you want your header to turn blue instead of black on a multi-page website. You can change the every header color or choose only pages you want to change into blue.
- Brizy gives an auto-save feature where it stores the variations of pages with time. This way, you can switch to the previous versions of your page if the current version is not pleasing much.
- Lastly, it integrates with various email marketing tools like Aweber, Sendlane, etc. and Zapier.
Brizy is a free to use website builder. It also offers three different pricing options.
- Persona costs $49/year for 1 site
- Studio costs $99/year for unlimited sites
- Lifetime costs $299 for lifetime for unlimited sites.
SiteOrigin is one of the most popular page builders in the WordPress repository with over 1 million active installs. This page builder is lightweight, SEO-friendly and offers great support with full CSS customization options.
Like Elementor, SiteOrigin comes with undo and redo capability that offers quick customization and saves your tons of time. Lastly, it builds tons of web pages with drag and drop functions.
- Row Builder: SitrOrigin lets you add as many rows and columns and split these rows into resizable rows. You can choose to add an exact number of rows and columns to your website.
- Live Editor & History Browser: You can edit and preview the changes in the live editor and also track the previous changes while designing the page builder.
- SiteOrigin is designed to integrate with any theme of your choice. It is compatible with a wide array of WordPress themes with customizable options.
SiteOrigin is completely free to use for the basic users. To make use of more elements and widgets, you can get the premium license for a single site or unlimited sites.
- Single Plan for $29 (1-site)
- Business Plan for $49 (5-sites)
- Developer Plan for $99 (unlimited sites)
WP Page Builder by ThemeUM is a young visual builder for WordPress sites. It is a drag and drop builder that comes with almost no coding knowledge. It comes with a plethora of features such as customizable templates and premade layouts. You can add the blocks and layouts to the content with ease.
- Drag and Drop Visual Editor: Themum has a visual drag and drop editor with customizable editor options. One of the most intriguing features is that you can adjust the spacing between the columns and also resize each of the columns.
- Widgets & Templates: WP page builder has 30+ add-ons such as carousel, accordion, contact forms and others. It has 20+ pre-made templates which are ready to import within minutes.
- WP Page Builder has an extensive library of support and documentation. Besides this, it has round the clock customer support.
WP Page Builder offers three different pricing plans. You can choose from Annual or Lifetime pricing options.
- Single License Plan: $39/Year
- 5 License Pack: $59/year
- Unlimited License: $99/year
- Single License Plan: $299
- 5 License Pack: $399
- Unlimited License: $599
Live Composer is a site builder plugin for WordPress. This page builder is designed for various purposes such as SEO, business, marketers and developers as well. It comes with 30 basic content modules such as accordion post, gallery, video modules, etc.
- Import and Customized Templates: Live Composer has just 10 pre-built templates which can be imported into your site with just a click. Moreover, you can import your custom template and make edits.
- Live Editing: It has a live front-end editing option that lets you make changes simultaneously. You can preview the changes as you see.
- Extension Plugin: Live Composer has a bundle of extensions for WordPress. These include contact forms, video sliders, content restrictions, Google Maps and Mega menu.
- Regular Updates: This page builder comes with frequent and regular support and updates, live chat, and documentation.
To start with, you can try the free version of Live Composer builder.
Live Composer has three main pricing options.
- 1 site license costs $49
- 2-5 site license costs $79
- Unlimited license costs $99
- How to add page builder in WordPress?
Ans: To add page builder in WordPress, install the plugin to your system. In the dashboard, go to plugins where you can upload the plugin.
- What is the best WordPress landing page builder plugin?
Ans: In our opinion, Thrive Architect is a reliable WordPress landing page builder. It has 269 pre-built templates for landing page and customization options. Lastly, it integrates with Thrive leads and tons of other email marketing platforms that collect your email address.
- What is the best free page builder for WordPress?
Ans: Elementor is the best free WordPress page builder that comes with tons of editing features and customization options. It has around 100 templates and 50+ widgets for building a page.
- What is the best easy to use page builder?
Ans: If you are looking for an easy to use Page Builder, Beaver builder should be your choice. It has live editor tools and customizable widgets with drag and drop features. You can also preview your pages with instant changes.
- What type of sites can I build with a WordPress page builder?
Ans: There is no limitation to the type of sites you can make with WordPress page builder. It creates any type of site that you want.
- Difference between Gutenberg vs WordPress page builders?
Ans: Gutenberg editor is the basic WordPress editor for most of the sites. It comes as a built-in editor for WordPress. WordPress Page Builders come in the form of block editors and can be installed as plugin.
Now, it's over you to choose the best WordPress page builder for your site. We have shared the most affordable and easy to use page builders here. It all depends on your needs and the budget.
Lastly, there are few free options in our list which you can try and later upgrade to the premium plans.
You can try Elementor for free and later upgrade to the pro version. So, this was our list of best page builders for WordPress that you can start with.
Let us know in the comments if you have more products to recommend.